Saturday, December 8 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
– 17h45 : First Vespers of the Immaculate Conception
– 18:15 : Solemn Mass
During this mass, the new masterisians of the Cathedral children's choir are taking their dawn.
Saturday, December 8 2012
– 8:00 : solemn mass of the Immaculate Conception
– 9:00 : solemn mass of the Immaculate Conception
– 12:00 : solemn mass of the Immaculate Conception
– 17h45 : first Vespers of the second Sunday of advent
– 18h30 : mass of the second Sunday of advent
– until 8:45 pm : Night nursery
The dogma of Mary's immaculate conception
"For most people, the Immaculate Conception would mean that Mary
became a mother, conceived Jesus, by the action of the Holy Spirit, without a relationship
Domestic. As if the conjugal relationship was, by itself, a sin. This is
not at all what the Christian faith says. If marriage were a sin, it could not
be a sacrament. [...]
What did Pie IX mean? What does the Catholic Church celebrate on December 8th? this:
Mary, from the outset, was totally alien to sin. Therefore, in
all appearances, she always shows herself wonderfully beautiful,
radiant with light and goodness "[[Monseigneur Jacques Perrier, Bishop of Tarbes and Lourdes.]]
Why a dogma?
A dogma is a truth of faith solemnly proclaimed by the Pope for
be welcomed by the Church. Thus, on December 8, 1854, in the Bulle Ineffabilis Deus,
Pope Pius IX writes: We declare, pronounce and define that the doctrine
which holds that the Blessed Virgin Mary was, at the first moment of her
conception, by a singular grace and favor of the Almighty God, in view of the
the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of mankind, preserved intact from all
of the original sin, is a revealed doctrine of God, and thus must be
be firmly and constantly believed by all the faithful.
In other words, in order to welcome the son of God, Mary could not have
his heart no sign of hesitation or refusal. God needed that the gift of
his love meets a perfectly pure faith, a soul without sin. Only the
Grace (the free gift of God) could thus prepare it, and it is filled with
(Gospel according to St. Luke, Chapter 1). As an anticipated fruit of forgiveness offered
by Jesus on the cross, Mary (who was conceived normally, by the Union of her
father and his mother) is immaculate, pure of all sin, and preserved from this
separation from God who marks man from the beginning of his existence, the
Christmas time at Notre-Dame de Paris
– The lively Christmas crib, all from 08:00 to 18h45.
– The Nocturnes of the crib, every Saturday and Sunday until 20:45, from December 8, 2012 to January 27, 2013.
– The Advent Lyrics , on Sundays 9, 16 and 23 December 2012 at 17H20.
– The opening concert of the season of the 850 anniversary of Notre-Dame: The Vespers to the Virgin of Monteverdi, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– Christmas OfficesOn December 24th and 25th.
– The CD At the coming of Christmas , bringing together the musical formations of the cathedral.
– The Gregorian Chant concert "Stink NATUS is", Friday, December 28, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– The solemnity of Holy Mary, Mother of God, 46th World Peace Day, Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
– The solemnity of the Lord's Epiphany, Sunday, January 6, 2013.
– The offices of veneration of the Holy Crown of Thorns, Friday, December 7, 2012 and January 4, 2013.
– The installation of Monseigneur Borys GUDZIAK, New Apostolic Exarch for Ukrainians in France, Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 15:00.
– The Holy Eloi Mass, Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 10:00.
– The Mass for the 125 years of the congregation of the Missionaries of Saint Charles, Sunday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m.
– The opening of the Jubilee of the 850 anniversary of Notre-Dame de Paris, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 18:00.
– The Gregorian Chant concert "MATER Salvatoris", Friday, December 14, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– The Mass for the 150th anniversary of the Orient Mission of the Oblates and Augustinian of the Assumption, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
– The concert of "Motets in Space", Tuesday, January 15 at 8.30 pm.