Sundays 9, 16 and 23 December 2012 from ~ 17h00 ~ to 5.30 pm
– Sunday 9 November 2012:
"The graces of a Jubilee: an indulgence?"
We will try to explain what an indulgence is in the current teaching of the Church, after a quick historical course on its theological origin.
To listen to this first "advent word", Click here Or on the drive below.
– Sunday, December 16, 2012:
"Celebrating at Notre-Dame: space and liturgy"
Through the history of the Cathedral, we will revisit the different configurations of its liturgical space and what they involved in the art of celebrating the Lord.
To listen to this second "advent word", Click here Or on the drive below.
– Sunday, December 23rd 2012:
"A cathedral for the new evangelization"
How can the Cathedral today serve as the proclamation of the Gospel? By gathering again and again a people of witnesses!
To listen to this third "advent word", Click here Or on the drive below.
Father Gérard PELLETIER
Ordained a priest for the Diocese of Paris in 1993 after studying at the French Seminary in Rome, Father Gérard PELLETIER was vicar in Saint-Séverin, Director of the Diocesan Seminary of Paris, teaching at the Faculty of Notre-Dame and the École Cathedrale, then parish priest of St. Louis parish in the island. He teaches church history and theology at the College of Bernardins. Chaplain of the Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral since September 2009, he continues teaching and research at the Notre-Dame Faculty of which he is also Chief Librarian. Canon of the cathedral chapter, he is also on the Board of formation of the permanent diaconate and censor at theImprimatur.
– "Advent words" 2011 on the theme of the Word of God, Click here.
– "Advent words" 2010 on the theme of Sacraments, Click here.
– "Advent words" 2009 to discover the theological dimension of the Church's social doctrine, Click here.
The advent Sundays at Notre-Dame de Paris
December 2, 9, 16 and 23, 2012
– saturday : 17h45 : Office of the first Vespers of Sunday – 18h30 : Early mass
– 8:30 : Mass
– 9:30 : Office of the advent Laudes
– 10:00 : Gregorian mass
– 11:30 : International mass
– 12:45 : Mass
– 17:00 : "Advent words" (except December 2, 2012)
– 17h45 : Office of the advent Vespers
– 18h30 : Mass usually presided over by Cardinal André VINGT-TROIS, Archbishop of Paris
– from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 15:00 to 19:00 : Welcome by the priests of the Cathedral and sacrament of reconciliation
Christmas time at Notre-Dame de Paris
– The lively Christmas crib, all from 08:00 to 18h45.
– The Nocturnes of the crib, every Saturday and Sunday until 20:45, from December 8, 2012 to January 27, 2013.
– The Advent Lyrics , on Sundays 9, 16 and 23 December 2012 at 17H20.
– The opening concert of the season of the 850 anniversary of Notre-Dame: The Vespers to the Virgin of Monteverdi, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– Christmas OfficesOn December 24th and 25th.
– The CD At the coming of Christmas , bringing together the musical formations of the cathedral.
– The Gregorian Chant concert "Stink NATUS is", Friday, December 28, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– The solemnity of Holy Mary, Mother of God, 46th World Peace Day, Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
– The solemnity of the Lord's Epiphany, Sunday, January 6, 2013.
– The offices of veneration of the Holy Crown of Thorns, Friday, December 7, 2012 and January 4, 2013.
– The installation of Monseigneur Borys GUDZIAK, New Apostolic Exarch for Ukrainians in France, Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 15:00.
– The Holy Eloi Mass, Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 10:00.
– The Mass for the 125 years of the congregation of the Missionaries of Saint Charles, Sunday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m.
– The opening of the Jubilee of the 850 anniversary of Notre-Dame de Paris, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 18:00.
– The Gregorian Chant concert "MATER Salvatoris", Friday, December 14, 2012 at 8.30 pm.
– The Mass for the 150th anniversary of the Orient Mission of the Oblates and Augustinian of the Assumption, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
– The resumption of weekly hearings at the great organ, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 20:00.
– The concert of "Motets in Space", Tuesday, January 15 at 8.30 pm.