Yes, the Cathedral will change its appearance.
– A fir tree in its size will tell us that we are expected inside the Cathedral House.
– A crib full of light, greenery and freshness will invite us to seek and find the source of the life that comes.
– Great images will punctuate our entries in the choir and help us to walk to the rhythm of the liturgical time that takes place until Christmas.
– Musical expressions will lead us to meditate on the beauty of the mystery of the one who comes.
– "Talks" will allow us every Sunday to better enter the profound meaning of the word of God.
– The liturgy will finally lead us step by step until Christmas by texts inspired by the Lord and by the celebration of the many
Yes all this, these are new clothes which, with our ELANs of solidarity with the poorest, will allow us to be in
road to the one that comes!
But Christmas will only be Christmas if, beyond these new clothes, we enter into conversion so that our heart is also new.
Then surely the times we live will be new times!
Bon Avent 2011,
in the name of the chaplain and student priests of the Cathedral.
Monsignor Patrick JACQUIN, Rector-Archipriest
Depuis le VIè siècle, la période de l’Avent ouvre le cycle liturgique annuel. Les quatre dimanches qui précèdent Noël (27 novembre, 4, 11 et 18 décembre 2011) orientent ainsi notre regard vers l’avènement du Seigneur Jésus.
«Adventus: Advent: advent
A triple look»
A glance at the long preparation of the coming of Jesus
From the earliest beginnings of the Covenant of God with humanity, through the epics of creation, of Noah, of Abraham, of Moses, of David, of John the Baptist to Mary, the mother of Jesus.
A long patience of God towards his people chosen to witness in the midst of the Nations. A long wait made of joys and tears.
Finally, it came at a time of our time: we remember this long preparation before celebrating the birth of Jesus at Christmas.
"Arise, Jerusalem, stand on the heights and contemplate the joy that comes from thy God" (BA 5, 5)
A glance at the coming of Christ to our world today
Christ is at our door, he strikes. He calls all men to come out of mists, false desires, disappointed hopes and to recognize him in the signs that he gives us if we are attentive: calls for conversion, generosity, forgiveness. Advent is this time of turning hearts.
"Prepare the way of the Lord;
Smooth the road,
Every man will see the salvation of God "(2nd Sunday)
A glance at the final coming of the Lord Jesus in glory, at the end of the world
It is the expectation of a renewed world in justice and love: "a new heaven, a new land", the emergence of what is now in the germ, by the power of the resurrection of Christ that solicits and accompanies the effort of men. Advent is this expectation of what must come again, not a passive, inert expectation, but an active hope. For it depends on each one that Christ by his spirit comes to transform our world.
Christ came, Christ comes, Christ will come.
His coming and waiting punctuate the history and destiny of the world.
It is the time of advent, the time of hope, the time of the watchers of the new dawn.
The advent Sundays at Notre-Dame de Paris
27 November, 4, 11 and 18 December 2011
– 8:30 : Mass
– 9:30 : Office of the advent Laudes
– 10:00 : Gregorian Mass
– 11:30 : International Mass
– 12:45 : Mass
– 16:30 : Audition at the great organ
– 17h20 : "Advent words"
– 18:00 : Office of the advent Vespers
– 18h30 : Mass
chaired by Cardinal André VINGT-TROIS, Archbishop of Paris
broadcast live on radio Notre-Dame and KTO, Catholic television
– from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 15:00 to 19:00 : Welcome by the priests of the Cathedral and sacrament of reconciliation
Christmas time at Notre-Dame de Paris
– The crib, from the first Sunday of Advent (Saturday, November 28, 2011) to the feast of the presentation of Jesus at the temple (Thursday, February 2, 2012).
– The Nocturnes of the crib, every Saturday and Sunday until 20:45.
– The tree on the forecourt, from the first Sunday of Advent (Saturday, November 28, 2011) to the feast of the presentation of Jesus at the temple (Thursday, February 2, 2011).
– The Advent Lyrics , on Sunday 27 November, 4, 11 and 18 December 2011 at 17h20.
– The Christmas Concert, Tuesday 20 December 2011 at 20:30.
– Christmas OfficesOn December 24th and 25th.
– The CD At the coming of Christmas , bringing together the musical formations of the cathedral.
– The Gregorian chant concert Puer natus is , Thursday 29 December 2011 at 20:30.
– The solemnity of Saint Mary, mother of God, 45th world day of peace, on Sunday, January 1, 2012.
– The solemnity of the Lord's Epiphany, on Sunday, January 8, 2012.
– The recital at the great organ by Henri-Franck BEAUPÉRIN, Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 at 8:30 pm.
– The concert «Ave Maria» Marian Polyphonies of the Renaissance and today , Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 8.30 pm.
– The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, on Thursday, 8 December 2011, and prayer vigil around the Holy Crown of thorns at 20:00.
– The mass of Saint Éloi, on Sunday 11 December 2011 at 10:00 am.
– The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Monday, December 12, 2011 at 6:15 pm.
– The recital at the great organ by Pascal REBER, Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 at 8:30 pm.