du 26 novembre 2011 au 2 février 2012
the light of the world. »
John 8, 12
Comme tous les ans, la crèche de la cathédrale sera présentée du premier dimanche de l’Avent (samedi 26 novembre 2011) à la fête de la Présentation au Temple (jeudi 2 février 2012). It is nearly two million pilgrims, faithful and visitors who will come to gather there during these two months.
The tradition of the nursery
Saint Francis of Assisi († 1226) was attributed to the creation of the first Nativity scene: This use spread rapidly to become, as nowadays, universal.
A Nativity scene presents the characters of the Nativity, such as the gospel narrative makes them known: the Child-Jesus, the Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph, the Angels, who sing the glory of the Redeemer and the peace given To men of goodwill, shepherds. The Ox and donkey belong to the tradition: their place appeared natural in a barn.
A few days after Christmas, during the Epiphany, the three Magi are added with the star guiding them: they represent the homage of kindness and his quest for salvation. Some cribs are simply the characters of the Nativity or include them in larger scenes that implement all the human categories as do the health.
For the believer, these figurative stagings are an incentive to make the feelings of the actors of the first moments of redemption his own, and to enter it for his part, through prayer.
I hope that the crèche, as important, not only of our faith, but also of Christian culture and art, continues to be part of this great solemnity: In the end, it is a simple and eloquent way of remembering Jesus who, by making himself a man , "came to live among us," and, with the manger, actually lives with us.
December 17, 2008
In the North ambulatory, the Closing of the choir Carried out in the 14th century represents The episodes of Christ's life related to the liturgical period of Christmas time :
-Nativity of Jesus and announcement to the Shepherds
-Adoration of the Magi
-Massacre of the Innocent
-Escape to Egypt
-Presentation at the Temple
It is at the foot of this incomparable altarpiece that naturally takes place the crèche of Notre-Dame de Paris.
At the foot of the nursery of the Cathedral is arranged a large transparent URN. Pilgrims, visitors, believers or not, all men of goodwill come from the four corners of the world and passing to the Notre Dame in this Christmas time are invited to inscribe a message of peace and put it in this URN. These messages are so many intentions prayed every night during the last mass of the day.
Design and realization
Group A @ co
26 Rue Henry Monnier – Paris IX °
Designer of training, Valérie Dedisse has collaborated for a long time as a graphic designer for global design agencies, then in independent, she has carried out projects for luxury brands (Cartier, Lanvin), for consumer products (Carrefour, Casino), for packaging or artistic direction (cosmetics Detaille, champagnes George Goulet). She runs her own graphic design and communication agency in Paris, iOW. His designs and realization have been exhibited repeatedly (at the Grand Palais, at the Salon of artists decorators..., collective exhibition on light, Subjective light in Paris)
As a costume designer and training stylist, Emmanuelle is a multidisciplinary artistic Designer. For more than twenty years, she has developed her expertise in the service of entertainment and events. The year of Brazil in France, La crèche de Notre-Dame-de-Paris, musical "Emilie Jolie", "Chicago" «Les years Saint-Germain»
Fashion show Kenzo, Maurizio Galante, the hundred years of the Renault Board, the caravans of the tour de France for Nestlé, PMU, the laughing cow, Societe Generale, the repositioning campaigns of Martini, Contrex, Cola-Cola, Monoprix, films for France television The pine Stud, Short wheels... Emmanuelle worked as Creative Director for three years in Australia.
Fabrice has worked since 1985 as a light stage manager for theatres and concerts (Eddy Mitchel, Elton John, Britney Spears, rolling stones...) and then as photo Director for multiple filming of films and commercials (Renault, SNCF, L'oréal , Citroën...)
Put your message of peace at the foot of the crib of Notre-Dame de Paris
At the foot of the nursery of the cathedral is arranged a large transparent urn. Pilgrims, visitors, believers or not, all men of goodwill from the four corners of the world and passing to Notre Dame in this Christmas time are invited to register a Message of Peace And put it in that urn. This one will fill up throughout this Christmas time with more than 400 000 Peace Messages enrolled in all languages. These messages are all intentions of prayer and peace Which are prayed every night during the last mass to the cathedral.
You can also, Internet users, file an online Message of Peace At the foot of the crib of Notre-Dame de Paris. To do this, type it in the box below. It will be associated with the messages left by pilgrims and visitors and prayed tonight during the last mass of the cathedral.
Christmas time at Notre-Dame de Paris
– The crib, from the first Sunday of Advent (Saturday, November 28, 2011) to the feast of the presentation of Jesus at the temple (Thursday, February 2, 2012).
– The Nocturnes of the crib, every Saturday and Sunday until 20:45.
– The tree on the forecourt, from the first Sunday of Advent (Saturday, November 28, 2011) to the feast of the presentation of Jesus at the temple (Thursday, February 2, 2011).
– The Advent Lyrics , on Sunday 27 November, 4, 11 and 18 December 2011 at 17h20.
– The Christmas Concert, Tuesday 20 December 2011 at 20:30.
– Christmas OfficesOn December 24th and 25th.
– The CD At the coming of Christmas , bringing together the musical formations of the cathedral.
– The Gregorian chant concert Puer natus is , Thursday 29 December 2011 at 20:30.
– The solemnity of Saint Mary, mother of God, 45th world day of peace, on Sunday, January 1, 2012.
– The solemnity of the Lord's Epiphany, on Sunday, January 8, 2012.
– The recital at the great organ by Henri-Franck BEAUPÉRIN, Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 at 8:30 pm.
– The concert «Ave Maria» Marian Polyphonies of the Renaissance and today , Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 8.30 pm.
– The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, on Thursday, 8 December 2011, and prayer vigil around the Holy Crown of thorns at 20:00.
– The mass of Saint Éloi, on Sunday 11 December 2011 at 10:00 am.
– The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Monday, December 12, 2011 at 6:15 pm.
– The recital at the great organ by Pascal REBER, Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 at 8:30 pm.