Jeudi 1er avril 2010
In memory of the Last Supper, there is only one mass on the Holy Thursday. The usual masses of 8 a.m., 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. therefore do not take place, so the 17h45 Vespers office is abolished.
– 9:00 am: Office of Darkness
Presided over by Monseigneur BEAU, auxiliary bishop of Paris
With the chaplains of Notre-Dame
To download the liturgical sheet of this office, Click here.
– 6.30 pm: Mass in memory of the Lord's Supper
Presided over by Cardinal André Twenty-three, Archbishop of Paris
Master of Notre-Dame de Paris, Lionel SOW, direction
– 19:45: Procession to the Reposoir
– Until 22:00: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at Reposoir
Grand Orgue : Olivier LATRY
Choir organ: Yves Castagnatt
Before dying, Jesus takes his last meal with the twelve apostles in the room called the "upper chamber": Saint Paul and the Evangelists mark, Luke and Matthew report The Tales of the Supper which establishes the Eucharist in which the bread and wine become body and San G of Jesus Christ. Through the Eucharist Christ gives thanks and offers in advance his body and blood for the salvation of men. After this meal of the Last Supper, the hour of the ordeal approaching, Christ went to the Garden of Olives with the apostles to watch and pray.
Cardinal Andre Twenty-three chairs this celebration In memory of the Lord's Supper, during which he remade the gesture of the foot-washing as Jesus did to his disciples. Then the faithful will unite with the prayer of Christ that evening, taking care of the Blessed Sacrament (the Consecrated Bread and wine) until late in the night in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament which has been arranged in Reposoir.
Holy week and Easter 2010 in Notre-Dame de Paris
– Palm and passion Sunday March 28, 2010 : Office and masses with ritual opening of the doors of the cathedral, blessing of the twigs, reading of the Passion, Conclusion of the cycle of Lenten conferences
– Tuesday Saint 30 March 2010 : Gregorian chant concert "O CRUX AVE"
– Wednesday Saint 31 March 2010 : Messe chrism
– Holy Thursday, April 1, 2010 : Office of Darkness, Mass in memory of the Last Supper and procession to the Reposoir
– Holy Friday 2 April 2010 : Office of Darkness, Spiritual concert with the great organs, veneration of the Holy Crown of Thorns, Choral office, Way of the cross, office of Passion
– Saturday, April 3, 2010 : Office of Darkness, Pascale vigil
– Easter Sunday 4 April 2010 : Offices, masses, hearing at the great organ
– Access to offices:
Access to the Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral, a place of Roman Catholic worship, is free and free.
To attend one of the many liturgical celebrations of the Cathedral (masses, offices...), you only have to join the audience a few minutes before the beginning of the celebration (at least 15 to 30 minutes for the big holidays). Participation in liturgical celebrations is public and free, no reservation is necessary or possible.