Jeudi 5 avril 2012
– 9:00 am: Office of Darkness
Presided over by Monseigneur BEAU, auxiliary bishop of Paris
With the chaplains of Notre-Dame
To download the liturgical sheet of this office, Click here.
– 6.30 pm: Mass in memory of the Lord's Supper
Presided over by Cardinal André Twenty-three, Archbishop of Paris
Master of Notre-Dame de Paris, Lionel SOW, direction
– 19:45: Procession to the Reposoir
– Until 22:00: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at Reposoir
Before dying, Jesus takes his last meal with the twelve apostles in the room called the "upper chamber": Saint Paul and the Evangelists mark, Luke and Matthew report The Tales of the Supper which establishes the Eucharist in which the bread and wine become body and San G of Jesus Christ. Through the Eucharist Christ gives thanks and offers in advance his body and blood for the salvation of men. After this meal of the Last Supper, the hour of the ordeal approaching, Christ went to the Garden of Olives with the apostles to watch and pray.
Cardinal Andre Twenty-three chairs this celebration In memory of the Lord's Supper, during which he remade the gesture of the foot-washing as Jesus did to his disciples. Then the faithful will unite with the prayer of Christ that evening, taking care of the Blessed Sacrament (the Consecrated Bread and wine) until late in the night in the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament which has been arranged in Reposoir.
To download the Holy Week liturgical booklet, Click here.
Holy week and Easter 2012 in Notre-Dame de Paris
Access to the cathedral, Roman Catholic cult place, is free and free. To attend one of the many liturgical celebrations of the cathedral (masses, Offices...), you only need to join the audience a few minutes before the start of the celebration. Participation in liturgical celebrations is public and free, no reservation is necessary or possible. It is only advisable to arrive 15 to 20 minutes in advance.
Participation in liturgical celebrations is open to the public and free of charge, it is not necessary and not possible to make a reservation. To expect services, please take any seat in the nave 15 to 20 minuts before services.
– Palm and passion Sunday April 1, 2012 : Office and masses with ritual opening of the doors of the cathedral, blessing of the twigs, reading of the Passion, Conclusion of the cycle of Lenten conferences
– Tuesday Saint 3 April 2012: concert of the Holy week
– Wednesday, April 4, 2012 pm : Messe chrism
– Holy Thursday, April 5, 2012 : Office of Darkness, Mass in memory of the Last Supper and procession to the Reposoir
– Holy Friday, April 6, 2012 : Office of Darkness, veneration of the Holy Crown of Thorns, Office of the Choir, way of the cross, office of Passion
– Saturday, April 7, 2012 : Office of Darkness, Pascale vigil
– Easter Sunday 8 April 2012 : Offices, Masses